Jammu and Kashmir is a state in northern India, often denoted by the acronym J&K. It is located mostly in the Himalayan mountains, and shares borders with the states of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab to the south.
The climate of Jammu and Kashmir varies greatly owing to its rugged topography. In the south aroundJammu, the climate is typically monsoonal, though the region is sufficiently far west to average 40 to 50 mm (1.6 to 2 inches) of rain per month between January and March.
Shopping in Kashmir
A List of Must-buys for Every Tourist
- Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Gulmarg.
- Gondola Ride in Gulmarg. Stay in a houseboat in Srinagar.
- Rogan Josh, Wazwan and Harissa.
- Hone your bargaining skills for street shopping.
- Antique Carpets from Kashmir Shawl Museum in Srinagar.